Tim Bailey has given TV presenter Lisa Wilkinson the classic one-two punch, this time hitting out with a foul-mouthed tirade about her infamous Logies speech.
The former Channel 10 weatherman once again took to social media, tweeting how he really felt about The Project host.
“Just accept ya F-ing little trophy and F off!” he tweeted.
He then blasts: “Good advice, yeah?”
It was the second time Bailey had hit out at his former colleague within 24 hours.
Bailey, who left the station in 2020, earlier posted a scathing tweet in which he told Wilkinson to “Pull ya head in”.
He went on to say: “I know this might be difficult, because it is a very big head. But please try.”
Wilkinson caused the trial of Bruce Lehrmann, the man accused of raping Brittany Higgins, to be delayed after overstepping the mark in her speech while accepting the Logie on Sunday for her interview with the former Liberal staffer in January 2021.
ACT Supreme Court Justice Lucy McCallum said Wilkinson’s speech “completely obliterated” the line between allegation and guilt of the alleged sexual assault in Parliament House in Canberra on March 22, 2019.
On Thursday morning, defense barrister Steve Whybrow pushed for the trial to begin at the start of 2023, telling the ACT Supreme Court the fallout from Wilkinson’s Logies speech would still impact a jury through 2022.
But Chief Justice Lucy McCallum said a three-month stay in the case would allow for any concerns to be ameliorated.
“A period of three months is a significant period where prejudice issues fade in the mind of potential jurors,” she said.
Justice McCallum set the trial, which had been due to start on June 27, for October 4.
It comes as Wilkinson offered not to engage in any further commentary on Ms Higgins or Mr Lehrmann, avoiding an injunction order. The TV star had also reportedly hired top barrister Matthew Collins amid the fallout of her Logies speech.
The Australian Bar Association president had blasted Wilkinson on Channel 7’s Sunrise on Wednesday, saying that she could be charged with contempt of court.
Ironically, Wilkinson had herself in August 2021 implored “everyone to respect what’s in play here”.
“Naming the man on social media & passing judgment could have dire consequences for the outcome of any trial,” she tweeted.
Sydney Channel 10 news anchor Sandra Sully also made her feelings felt on the issue, liking a tweet from showbusiness reporter Peter Ford blasting Wilkinson’s speech.
“Such serious consequences from Lisa Wilkinson … if only she’d stuck to silly stories like the paparazzi who stalked her in Chapel St,” he posted.
Channel 7 Sunrise host Natalie Barr also stuck the boot into Wilkinson, saying she should have run her speech past lawyers.
‘You know, we have our own lawyers. We often consult them before we put a story to air,” she said.
“Would this have been the case where Channel 10’s lawyers should have stepped in and lawyered this speech?”